Mission & Vision Statements
Mission Statement For
Johnsonville Church of God
“Reaching the Lost with the Power of Pentecost”
* Mission Description: “Mission is the force that fulfills Vision”
-Reaching the lost of our community:
*Accepting the Community, whosoever will Let them come.
*Accelerating the Call through and by Love.
*Advancing the Church in Leadership.
-This creates an environment where the Spirit of God can supernaturally change the hearts of men, women, boys, and girls.
Scripture Reference: Isaiah:61:1-4 –The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called the trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. John: 13:35 –By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one towards another.
Romans: 1:16 –For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto Salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also the Greek.
Romans: 5:8 –But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Vision Statement for
Johnsonville Church of God
“Restoring and Rescuing for Revival”
(Called, Commissioned, and Committed)
*Vision Description: “Vision is the force of Faith Focused on the Future”
Proverbs: 29:18 –Where there is no vision, the people perish:
Habakkuk: 2:1-3 –I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie; though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
Romans: 4:17 –and calleth those things which be not as though they were! (Faith)
Pastor’s Vision: November, 2007
Phase #1(Bird Eye View) =Picture of the completed work of Christ in the church!
“Restoring Saints and Rescuing Sinners”. New Facilities= (250-500) Seated!
* The doors that God opened for Bro. Poston to become Pastor 2007-2009!
* The difficulties that the Church faced in 2008!
* The delight of the Lord, Bro. Poston Begins as Pastor May, 10th 2009!
Phase #2 (Vision of The Scroll of Seven years) = “Preparation” Fall of 2010!
-Description of Vision:
* 2009-2012 –Breaking up fallow ground = Years of Favor / Failure! “Faith”!
- (Inherited debt, division, destruction, but received Blessings through Obedience)
* 2012-until –Planting Seed = Sowing Ministry into Harvest! “CD Outreach”!
- (Community Outreach through witness/Multi-Media for Planting the fields)
* 2014-2015-(30 Fold Blessing of Harvest) =Disciple Training Force Matters!
- (Church Growth by Preparing Leaders to Care and Train Newcomers/Converts)
* 2015-2016-(60 Fold Blessing of Harvest) =Dividing Talents Focus Ministries!
- (Church Growth by Performing Ministry by the Anointing thru Prayer/Fasting)
* 2016-2017-(100 Fold Blessing of Harvest) =Demand Time Forward Moving!
- (Church Growth by Providing the Time to Move Forward with Funds/Facilities)
* Future: -Fulfillment of Mission & Vision; Where ever God leads!
- (Vision Grows as are faith in Vision Grows in Relationship with Christ)
- (Vision is subject to expand as the favor of the Lord and that of Faith increases)
-Continued Vision Statements:
To develop ministries that are Biblically and Spiritually based, that will encourage, train, and equip people to receive a life changing experience, that will enable them to become powerful disciples for the Kingdom of God!
To build an atmosphere where everyone feels Welcome when they walk through the doors of the church. No matter what race, creed, or nationality… everyone feels Welcome!
Ultimately the Vision of the Church creates a fire by the Spirit of Christ within us, to make a difference in the community, warring against evil forces that stand against the Kingdom of Heaven, because we are Sons & Daughters of God.
To build a Ministry Center that will meet the needs of the local church body and reach the unsaved in our community within a 15-mile Radius!
Make people aware that Jesus Christ is coming soon!
Instruct people in how to live a victorious life in Christ to have the fullness!
Never to give up… especially when it gets tough!
Illustrate by getting involved in our community that we care about people!
Treat people with respect… regardless of social or economical status!
Hunger for Revival… to stir the desire within the Body of Christ!
Cross train workers based on talent and giftedness!
Encourage Continual Growth… never status average Church!
Navigate people toward there calling in ministry, and train other ministries by equipping leaders within church to help small church growth!
Train leaders to be self-reliant and vision oriented toward the same mission!
Evaluate ministries on a regular basis and make decisions based on the furthering of the gospel and not the individual.
Recruit workers for the Kingdom of God from within the local Church body.
Mission Mandate: “Restoring”
R=Restoring Saints & Rescuing Sinners!
E=Evangelism ministries/Outreach & Missions.
S=Sharing the love of Jesus personally and as a Church!
T=Training Leaders for Ministries!
O=Organizing Events / Planning!
R=Relationships through Fellowship!
N=Networking events connecting to the world socially!
G=Giving Spiritually, Mentally, Physical and Financially!